Ocean 900 Women's Sailing Jacket - Red
This OCEAN 900 women's waterproof and breathable sailing jacket will accompany in all your sailing outings. It will be ideal for sailing in high winds and heavy rain.
Discover the panoply
24 hours under heavy rain (> 28000 mm). Fully taped seams. Water repellent.
Resistance to salt water
Injected plastic zip. Treated membrane.
Three-layer breathable fabric (RET 15)
2 gusset pockets, 2 handwarmer pockets, 1 storm pocket
The fabric's membrane cuts the windchill effect.
Life cycle comparison: Women's waterproof jacket- sustainability.decathlon.com
Main fabric : 100.0% Polyamide (PA) Hood : 100.0% Polyester (PES) Lining : 100.0% Polyester (PES) Yoke : 84.0% Polyamide (PA), 12.0% Polyurethane (PU), 4.0% Polyester (PES) Elasticised band : 70.0% Polyamide (PA), 30.0% Polyurethane (PU) Wrist : 71.0% Polyester (PES), 17.0% Polyurethane (PU), 12.0% Elastane
Tanguy de Lamotte, professional skipper and competitor in the Vendée Globe, tested and approved this jacket (in the men's version) under the most difficult conditions that the ocean can inflict on a sailor. It protected him from the elements, including violent winds, heavy rain and waves sweeping over the deck.
intensive inshore sailors (more than 30 days per year), in all weather.
Machine wash your Ozean 900 waterproof jacket at 30°C. Turn inside out and fasten the velcro. Choose a long rinse and gentle spin cycle. Line dry if possible. Occasional tumble drying on low for a short period of time will improve the water repellent treatment. To reactivate the water-repellent treatment, you can also iron the fabric at a maximum temperature of 140°C or apply the Tribord re-waterproofing spray.
Store in a dry place, but do not leave your garment on a heat source such as a radiator, as this may damage the breathable membrane or coating.
FEATURES OF THE PRODUCT
- 3-layer hydrophilic component. - >28 000 mm of water pressure. - Fully taped seams. - Three-way adjustable hood with shape memory malleable edge. - Wrists fitted with dual, adjustable cuffs. - Central opening with storm flaps and water drainage channel. - Tested under a simulated heavy rain shower (450 L/hr/sqm) for 24 hours.
RET <15: average breathability. To find out whether a fabric is breathable, we measure its evaporative resistance, or RET, (test based on the ISO 11092 standard). It is its ability to allow the water vapour produced by the body during exercise to escape.
- Storm pocket with an inner opening and guides for a headphone cable. - 2 handwarmer pockets with a removable 300 g fleece lining to speed up their drying time. - 2 cargo pockets equipped with a storm cord and a large ring for the circuit breaker.
RESISTANCE TO WEAR
- Soft and thick reinforced jacket hem. - Vislon front zip resistant to salt oxidation. - Treatment stopping the effects of hydrolysis on the membrane
Score to compare the environmental impact of products
The environmental impact of the product is calculated over its entire life cycle and with different indicators. An overall score (ABCDE) is attributed to help you easily identify the products with the best environmental performance by comparing products of the same type with one another (T-shirts, trousers, backpacks, etc.). Decathlon chose to apply this voluntary environmental labelling scheme. For more information, visit: http://sustainability.decathlon.com/
- Heat-sealed reflex patch (EN471) intensifying sources of light. - High-visibility hood.
- Intuitive double adjustment at collar for optimal neck protection. - Very high collar lined with 300 g fleece. - Jacket has an adjustable waist fastened by the adjuster built into the gusset pockets. - Bottom of the jacket adjustable with the jacket closed. - Inner powder skirt with silicone grip for a better hold on the salopettes. - Two-way zip.
HOW TO REACTIVE THE JACKET'S WATER REPELLENCY? step 1: before washing
Close all zips and flaps and remove any parts of the garment that cannot be washed. Also remember to loosen the straps and elastic parts and empty the pockets. Then turn the garment inside out to wash it.
HOW TO REACTIVE THE JACKET'S WATER REPELLENCY? step 2: washing
You can wash your jacket on a synthetic cycle at 30° or 40°C with your usual detergent. Do not use fabric conditioner, which could damage the existing performance of the garment, or bleach. Also take care not to bend your jacket too much when you place it in the washing machine and do not overload your machine. Very important: select a thorough rinse or double rinse to completely remove all detergent residue.
HOW TO REACTIVE THE JACKET'S WATER REPELLENCY? step 3: drying
Drying is a crucial phase in reactivating the water repellent treatment. We recommend that you lay your jacket flat on a clothes rack and leave it out to dry in the open. Caution: never dry your jacket directly on a radiator. Then place it in the tumble dryer on a short synthetics cycle, i.e. 10 to 15 minutes, before turning it back the right way round. Caution: do not over-dry the garment.
HOW TO REACTIVE THE JACKET'S WATER REPELLENCY?
If, despite this procedure of washing and thorough rinsing followed by gentle drying in a tumble dryer, the drops of water no longer run off the surface of your jacket, we recommend that you "re-waterproof" it using a waterproofing spray or detergent sold in our stores.
1185g in size 40
* The prices listed on the site are the prices recommended by DECATHLON SA's central purchasing department.